Sunday, February 28, 2010
It's the last day of the month and I barely made it. I finished sewing in the ends of my February project earlier this morning. The pattern called for a border around the edge of the scarf, but when I tried it out it made the scarf look too chunky. I tried modifying the border a few times, but I still thought it looked out of place, so I decided against a border. Here's the finished piece:
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
The cowl I picked for my February project was not turning out as I had hoped. For some reason the recommended hook size just wasn't working for me. I tried using a larger hook, but then the detail of the stitches weren't coming out the way I wanted. I decided to scrap the project and found a new one for February. February's new project is the Mirror Lake Scarf (pattern here). I'll be using the same yarn that I planned to use on the cowl. Instead of making the scarf a solid color, I'm going to use four alternating colors.