Sunday, January 17, 2010

Setting Up Shop

This weekend ended up being super productive for me.  For one, I got my new Etsy shop set up and open for business.  It only has two items (January's project) in it for now, but that will change soon enough.  Take a peek at the danae crochets shop here: danaecrochets.etsy.com

Saturday morning was spent browsing IKEA in search of some new bed linens.  Not only did I get a whole new duvet & sheet set on sale, I also stumbled upon color inspiration for an upcoming crochet project.  As I was walking past the kitchen section, I spotted a display of ceramic mugs out of the corner of my eye.  I had to stop and take a picture of the color arrangement because I thought it would make a great scarf pattern.  The colors included white, black, a mossy green and a deep purple.  I have to decide exactly what I'm going to make out of this color pattern, but when I do I'll be sure to post it. 

I also had a lot of time to work on an afghan that was started over a year ago.  I finished weaving in the last of the ends last night around 10.  It felt great to have completed an entire afghan (my largest project yet) especially since it's been laying around for so long.  When I figure out the best way to take a picture of it I will post the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment